Gillespie Park

Gillespie Park honors John Hamilton Gillespie, first mayor of Sarasota. The Scottish-born aristocrat arrived in 1886 as agent for his father, Sir John Hamilton Gillespie of Edinburgh, a principal in Florida Mortgage and Investment Co., which filed the Town of Sarasota plat in 1886.
Gillespie Park Subdivision was platted in 1917 adjacent to this area. In 1924 Sarasota Developer Owen Burns sold the parcel to the city for a park. The park and its surrounding location offers a variety of amenities. Click on this link to see them all. http://www.areavibes.com/sarasota-fl/original+gillespie+park/livability/

It also features Brumby Lake, a lakeside walkway, and a footbridge. Home and Home Site packages can be created here in the high $300’s!!